Appalachian Transition Fellow Position
The Appalachian Transition Fellowship is seeking a fellow to work with the Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Council to work on a year long project. Please email your resume to AppFellows@HighlanderCenter.org.
This program offers the opportunity to spend a year working within host communities to help foster cross-sector (education, nonprofit, for-profit, philanthropy, and government) partnerships, provide needed capacity to regional efforts, and build personal and professional skills. Through institutional placements, independently designed projects, training, and mentoring, the program gives emerging leaders skills and networks needed to advance economic and social change in the region.
About The Appalachian Transition Fellowship (AppFellows):
AppFellows is a year-long, full-time, paid program designed for 15 emerging community leaders who are committed to working in Central Appalachia, defined as West Virginia, Southwest Virginia, Eastern Kentucky, Eastern Tennessee, Appalachian Ohio and Western North Carolina, for the economic transition of the region.
We are excited to receive fellow applications. Applications are due on May 22, 2014, and
can be found at our website www.AppFellows.org
The inaugural class will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Dedicated to the Central Appalachian Region
• Have shown creativity and innovation in their work or field of study
• Serious about a career that will support the transition to a sustainable and equitable region
• Interest in supporting economic development programs
• Strong collaboration, teamwork and group decision-making skills
• Commitment to working in rural areas
• Willingness to participate in all of AppFellows year-long activities
Published on May 20, 2014